How to switch to a different PHP version?

For some reason this still eludes me when I need it. So I decided to save this information on my own site.

Go to cPanel, File Manager and choose “Web Root (public_html/www)”. There create a new file (or edit the existing one) called .htaccess and add the following line:

To switch to PHP 7.0

1    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php70 .php .php5 .php4 .php3

To switch to PHP 5.6

1    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php56 .php .php5 .php4 .php3

To switch to PHP 5.5

1    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php55 .php .php5 .php4 .php3

To switch to PHP 5.4

1    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php54 .php .php5 .php4 .php3

To switch to PHP 5.3

1    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php53 .php .php5 .php4 .php3

Complete New WordPress Theme

It’s been years since I’ve spent much time or energy on my own websites. Sigh. As  a Professional Web Developer, you spend most of your time updating and maintaining other people’s websites, not your own.

Today I decided it was time. Four and half hours later, a new look, template and updated everything.

Years ago I purchased the “Thesis” them from DIYThemes. It hadn’t been updated or upgraded in years and I decided to finally take the time to do it. I like easy, and this template makes managing my own site easy.

It’s always good to keep your sites up-to-date and to remove any Plug-ins that you’re not using. If you haven’t looked at DIYThemes for your next WordPress site, check it out.

After migrating to Joomla 3.6.x from 2.5.28 Article Links were all broken

I upgraded a Joomla site from 2.5.28 to 3.6.x. Everything seemed to go well until I went back to check on things. When I went to the site and began to click on various links, nothing worked. None of the menus were working after migrating either. After searching I found this post in the Joomla Support Forums about this issue and also this post.

As was stated in the support forum, if I turned off SEF and URL Rewrite in the Global Configurations and then the links worked. If I turned on Search Engine Friendly URLs (SEF) but turned off URL Rewrite, they worked. There is something wrong with URL Rewrite. Then I also saved the .htaccess to htaccess.old and created a new .htaccess file. Then I was able to turn on URL Rewrite again.